It would be lovely to buy every kind of fruit in the freshest form. Sadly, most fruits are produced in selected parts of the globe, while the demand is more international. Many fruits are now frozen and sold in easy packs for quick consumption. All you need is a frozen fruits supplier near you! In this post, we take a look at how frozen fruits can be used in varied ways for better taste, flavour and health.
- Make your breakfasts better. Frozen berries are great way to add more variety to you breakfast. You can add some to your cereals as a topping, or a better idea is to add some to skim milk for a quick smoothie. In fact, when you are on the go, smoothies with frozen fruits are best for ensuring nutrition and satiation. Love eggs for breakfast? Skip the bread for some frozen mangoes.
- Bake a cake. For your regular sponge cakes, you can use frozen fruits as a quick addition. Just make sure that the fruits are at a room temperature and are add last after mixing all the ingredients of the cake mix. You can also make a batter or smooth paste from the frozen fruits, such as blueberries and raspberries, to make a topping for regular cakes. Berries, especially blueberries and cranberries, work wonders for making cheesecakes.
- Make muffins and pies. When you craving for blueberry muffins in an odd season, or want to make an apple pie, frozen fruits work wonders. You just need a good recipe that can be made in minutes. A quick recipe is here below
- Take three tablespoons of all-purpose flour in a standard coffee mug.
- Add a pinch of baking soda and about two to three pinches of baking powder.
- Mix the three ingredients together with three tablespoons of condensed milk, along with two tablespoons of melted butter.
- Add about four tablespoons of regular milk to the mix and give it a good stir.
- Next add in small chunks of berries of your choice. Just take the frozen berries and cut them into chunks. Don’t add a lot though.
- Finally, microwave the mix at about 850 watts for about two minutes or so, and your mug-cake is ready.
Stock up on frozen fruits – you never know when you are in for a quick muffin time or want to have a smoothie for nourishment.